Symbolism in a Selfie


Following my research in symbols in portraits (Modern Status Symbols & Elizabethan and Modern Portraits), we have been asked to create our own 'selfie' with symbols representing us in the modern world. To begin with, I decided to have natural makeup to show how I like to present myself to the outside world on a daily basis - easy and no fuss! I also decided to leave my hair naturally curly as I have learned to embrace this style through my teenage years!

Starting from the top right, I have a pile of dvds. I am a movie fanatic and my interest in makeup started from the 'behind the scenes' videos of the makeup and styling. My goal in life is to make a name for myself in the media, film and television industry. Next in the photo (clockwise) I have 3 items of makeup - specifically lipstick! Mac cosmetics are one of my favourite brands and having this included represents my obsession with makeup. Top left in the photo is a photobooth image of my boyfriend and me. He is a big part of my life and a massive support in every aspect, so it only felt right to include him! Finally are a pair of slippers! I see myself as a bit of a 'grandma' and live in my slippers, whilst sipping tea on a Sunday night in front of the telly, so they are present in the photo to represent my love to be cosy at home when I have the chance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top