Final Design

After experimenting with my designs for my New Elizabethan character, I have decided to incorporate all the factors I liked most that includes aspects of bridal with the colours I have come up with through the Elizabethan trends and the links with my Lady in Waiting's personality and story

To begin with the base, I have decided to keep a dewy and pale complexion but make sure it's not white. I want it to be contemporary with a nod to the white bases Elizabethan women created. Also, as I am creating a 'bridal' look for her secret wedding day I want the skin to be flawless and fresh. For the cheeks, very little contour will be used just to shape my face and bring out my cheekbones slightly to emphasis the natural 'beauty' for a wedding day. I want the pink blush to be quite heavy to reflect back to ideas behind mixing reds and whites for my Lady in Waiting and to also incorporate the technique used by the Elizabethans to have thick powder on the cheeks. A highlight shade of either a pale shimmery eyeshadow or the Illamasqua highlighter to add to the glowing skin I want. 

I chose to have the eyeshadow in unusual placing to emphasise the softness aspect, rather than having an obvious 'smoky' eye, but to also hint towards a heart shape that is very often used as a symbol in Elizabethan hair and makeup. There will be a copper shade placed on the eye to plot out the shape and create a base and then the Copper pigment will be placed on top with a damp brush to intense the colour massively. I want the eyes to be very soft so the edges must be blended a lot. A silver shade (liquid metals palette) would be applied in between the copper sections to make the eyes appear bigger and to finish off the glossy eye look. The eyebrows will have a white colour run through them quickly to not completely block them out but to be styled in an Elizabethan manner. I want to leave a lot of emphasis on the eyes to relate back to my story behind Lettice Knollys, the way her eyes were not always on her first husband as she had an affair and therefore her eyes may have been 'wandering' onto other men or by making the eyes elaborate and glossy it will attract men to her. 

Finally the lips will be coloured with a mixture of a pink and nude shade to show a contemporary modern bridal style. Copper glitter will be added to the centre to add to the alluring aspect of my interpretation of my Lady in Waiting.

To finish off the look for the photos, I want to keep my hair off my face completely. I will use this image from Zhang Jingna's shoot in Harpers Bazaar to style my hair into a plaited updo. This will reflect the high hair line and plaits that were incorporated in the Elizabethan style. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top