2nd Practice With My Design (Tara as Makeup Artist)

Following my second attempt of Tara's design in our second practise session, Tara then had another go at perfecting my New Elizabethan makeup design. As I am extremely pleased with the outcome, there are lots of photos from my phone and also on a Canon 550D with a 50mm lense to see the outcome in a photograph  that will be taken on the assessment day.

The same process was used from our first attempt but there were some additions to really make the skin glow and the lips pop:

  • Tara used two products in her own kit to make my skin and cheekbones glow even more than the first attempt - a cream highlight from Topshop called Glow and a powder highlight from MAC called Soft and Gentle. These were layed on top of each other to get the glow that is obvious and beautiful in both types of photos (on mobile and in the 550D).
  • Tara did not powder until the very end to avoid trouble blending the cream products
  • The blush we used was more iridescent and sheeny (Illamasqua - Ambition) to add to the glow-from-within look I want in this bridal look. Tara also worked it in a lot more so it was blended but still obvious in photos so the flat didn't look flat
  • A lipstick from Nars was used (Decanso) instead of mixing the colours in our kit to get the perfect colour I wanted
  • A lot more of the multi gel was used on the lips to create an opaque finish
  • Eyelashes were curled before the application of the white
Tara completed this look within the time limit and I feel this attempt is amazing! All the parts of the skin I wanted to be dewy are, included the sheen on the eyes, and the blush is much more obvious in the camera and added more dimension to the skin - making it a more interesting look. Tara has perfected her technique to apply the eye makeup - which was the most time-consuming aspect - which has made her much more relaxed about the whole thing! The only step that was missed by accident was concealing under the eyes which will be included to finish off the flawless base. Overall, everything went to plan but the only thing I would change is that the blush applied on the forehead needs to be blended a bit more as in the 550D photos it is quite an apparent line up close.

Above are some close ups of the complexion and the eyes (which look beautiful I think!!!). The next set of images were poses Tara asked me to do to portray my character more through the photos. The first was to indicate my love on my wedding with my hand on my heart. The second was more of a 'dreamy' look and the third image shows that I would be wearing a white fur collar (which I discussed in my character design) which I would be holding and would try and convey a flirty look with a smirk or open and glossy eyes looking directly at the camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top