Evaluations

Technical
Since the beginning of the project, my skills have grown massively within makeup application. I have never been involved with makeup professionally or been taught it properly before but I have always had a huge interest. I feel learning the basics like base application, contouring and lip application has been a huge help to start my skill set. I have really enjoyed learning these and tips like feeling the face to contour are aspects of makeup application that I will practise and use throughout my career. 

A difficult area for me is working around the eyes as I have not had practise of this before, other than on myself. After weeks of practise and having a partner to advise me of my skills, this difficulty has become easier to overcome. I also have grown a lot in confidence working with a model and communicating throughout to make them feel comfortable. It can take me time to become confident in front of people so to show a new level of confidence on a professional level was a challenge. However, overall this first term of learning new skills has been very beneficial and a great start for the next three years and beyond. 

Peer Review
As a team, Tara and myself worked extremely well together making the assessments for both of us much easier. We had great communication throughout the process, used each other to gain technical skills and developed our creative designs together. Having many practise sessions gave me the confidence to put into a professional environment and complete a design within a set time - much like the industry will be. As it is my first time ever completing such a task I was apprehensive but being organised and well-rehearsed have been my strong points. 

I feel I was at a slight disadvantage never having been taught makeup or having the professional practise before and I found it difficult to adapting to creating someone else’s idea as opposed to applying my own. Interpreting and applying it in the way your partner pictures it to be is a challenging skill to learn and I have gained a new level of confidence to go for it and gain from my mistakes. It was tough for me initially to apply the products in the exact place or correct intensity but I was lucky to have a great partner who aided me with my technical skills and kept me calm! 

Final Evaluation
Since beginning this project, my skill set has massively improved in makeup application and design. Before starting at Solent, I have never applied makeup onto someone else in a professional context or have been taught it so I was extremely nervous about all the new information I would learn! However, I have enjoyed this term a lot and the skills I have been taught are invaluable. I am pleased that I have been able to grasp the basics of makeup application through learning things from how to apply bases to cream contouring, which are aspects in the world of makeup that will stick with me forever. 

I found it difficult adapting to working on many different faces. Before beginning this course I knew a major portion of my desired career is variety and having the opportunity to experiment, make mistakes and improve now has been extremely useful. It has taken me time to learn the correct ways of applying various products and recognising skin types but I have found the technical sessions with Sue very helpful. One aspect I have throughly enjoyed is being able to create a character through makeup and I cannot wait to experiment more with design over the next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top