Assessment: Me as Designer and Tara as Makeup Artist



Following myself being the makeup artist, my partner Tara took over the role and completed my New Elizabethan design. We have had many practises to perfect the look and I was very confident in Tara that she would bring my idea to life. The final photos show the New Elizabethan bridal character I wanted to be created and shows Tara's technical skills she has quickly built up over this term.

To begin her assessment, she had a clean station with well organised products and tools and images of my makeup, face charts and instructions taped to the mirror. Tara took her time with applying and blending my base but this was the one of the most crucial elements of my look as I wanted it to be glowing and flawless. She created the right shade to mirror my idea of having a natural looking pale complexion. She applied the blush in all the correct places but because of the pigmentation of the product it took Tara some time to blend it all out. Tara also made sure to blend the colour into the hair line and jaw after my feedback on previous attempts so the blush looked great in the final photos.

Tara then tackled the most challenging and time-consuming section of my design – the eyes. Although, because of all our practise sessions Tara was very confident in the steps to complete the design and plotted the shape, filled it in and layered on the copper pigment. At one point, the shapes were not symmetrical on both eyes but that was
quickly solved by Tara correcting it with concealer. Tara did not panic and remained calm throughout the whole process! The completed eye look was exactly how I imagined and Tara had remembered to layer lots of powder under my eyes to make sure the rest of the look was not ruined by fallout. She lightly coated my eyebrows with the white skin base quickly and finished the look by completing the lips. Tara wanted to perfect the glitter that was layered on top so in the images they were not cracked or patchy. This did mean a lot of layering and a lot of not moving my mouth until the photos were shot! But I love the lips and I feel like Tara taking the extra time to perfect them really finished the look off well.

As a few of the sections of my design were fiddly and more complicated to perfect, it did affect how much time Tara had in the assessment. She finished at the end of the time limit to make sure she perfected the look and I feel she had great time management to make sure she had enough time for each step. The only thing I would potentially advise Tara next time is to really get stuck in with buffing products onto my face to get the desired look quicker but as it is both our first times doing this she really did her best! Tara was a great artist and completed my look exactly how I wanted it and we really bonded as artists and designers through lots of communication and extra practise sessions.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top