Eye and Lip Makeup Application

Products used:
  • Mac Cool Neutral palette
  • Illamasqua Loose Powder in Translucent
  • Flat Top Eyeshadow Brush
  • Blending Brush
  • Cotton buds
  • Lip Rouge palette
  • Angled Brush

Health and safety:
  • Cover model
  • Check for contact lenses
  • Check for and ask model about any skin complaints or allergies
  • When applying shadows or mascaras, ask model to close eyes and work carefully
  • Make sure all brushes are clean
  • Wash hands
  • Do not double dip with products

Consultation notes:
Name: Charlotte Roth
Age: 18
Hair type: Long, dark hair
Skin type: Combination
Skin tone: Light - medium with yellow undertones
Eye shape: Even eyes
Allergies: N/A
Contraindication: N/A

Eyes

In this lesson, I worked on Charlie who's had 'even eyes'. This meant for the application of the eyeshadow I would need to shade the outer edge of the socket line whilst lifting it slightly.

To achieve the final look shown above, I began by applying a base around the eyes to prime the lids. As I was using powder shadows (Mac Cool Neutral Palette), I powdered her eyelids first with loose translucent powder to set the surface. To reduce fallout affecting the rest of the makeup, I also layered loose powder under the eye so any eyeshadow can be brushed away. 

I applied the lightest shade all over the lid first (After Dusk) and then went to a darker shade in the crease (Blackberry). After each stage - light to dark - I would add it to the other eye to make sure it stayed even throughout. I also asked Charlie to close her eyes as often as possible to check the shadow application in the mirror in front to make sure they matched. Sue advised us how mistakes can be blended out with a cotton bud which was a tip that will be very useful! After the colours were applied, I proceeded to blend and blend and blend! Until I was completely happy with the finished look. 

For the brows I applied Brun with an angled brush and feathered the colour through the natural shape to fill in any gaps. To finish off the eyes, I applied a mascara and curled the lashes. I am very happy with the result as I feel the shadows are well blended and the colours actually suited Charlie's eye colour. In future, I would be more careful with the mascara as I did have to go in with a cotton bud after the clean up the edges! I also think I would applied the deeper shade of shadow along the lash line to smoke out the look further.

Lips

The lips were filled in with LC010 from the Kryolan Lip Rouge palette. Charlie's lips were in good condition so no moisturiser was needed. I applied the colour to the back of my hand and worked the colour into the lips by starting from the middle and blending it out. I used an angled brush throughout to keep sharp lines with the cupids bow and the lip line. I powdered the lips slightly to reduce shine and perfect the look. The technique of using an angled brush made the application very easy and I feel the lips were had a lovely natural finish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top