2nd Practice with Tara's Design (Me as Makeup Artist)


Tara and I took the oppotunity to use the studios on friday evening to get an extra practise session. The image above is my finished photographed second attempt of Tara's makeup design. We have been using a Canon 550D and a 50mm lense after our makeup application to test how the makeup appears under the light and in the images that will be taken in the assessments.

I followed the same procedure I used on oru first attempt, which I explained on this blog post, but some things were added to give the finish Tara wanted. These changes are as follows: 

  • Use a mix of the Illamasqua Satin Primer and L'Oreal Lumi Primer to create a very glowy base that prevails through the base
  • Add a shimmery eyeshadow over the silver highlight to amplify
  • After applying the red lipstick as a base for the eyes, use translucent powder to set so there are no creases on the eyelids
  • Blended the white lips more into the skin around it so they do not look too obvious
  • The tear was create with red eyeshadow and mixing medium instead of water (it was still painted on). Fake blood was added in the tear duct and dripped down slightly to add more dimension to the tear
I feel this attempt was much more successful in regards to what Tara designed and wants in the final photos. The skin is much more visibly dewy and the silver is more striking in the completed look. The eyes are nicely blended and were not creasing when photographing and the tear is less bold and flat. I do feel it still is completely how Tara wants it as it is still slightly too thick so I will try and perfect this in another practise before the assessment. She was also happier with the placement of the bloody hand so I will repeat this next time. I feel that in this second attempt the whole look ties together a lot better and I am very pleased that overall Tara is happy with it. Next trial session I will be able to practise this exact process and perfect the blood tear.
We also tried out some more ideas for poses for photos we want to have for portfolios in the future. I asked Tara to have more emotion when placing her hands on her head to look distressed and upset (to go along with her character). The other two images we wanted to portray her subtly as sorrowful and lost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top