1st Practice With My Design (Tara as Makeup Artist)


In this practise session, I handed my design over to Tara and she was able to have her first go at translating my design to my face. 

Tara began by applying my base. As described on my face chart, I wanted to mix a foundation shade that matches my skin with Illamasqua skin base in shade 001. In Tara's kit she has another Illamasqua skin base in 5.5 that suited me and had a lovely dewy finish so we decided to mix the two together to create the pale complexion I wanted. Tara then concealed under the eyes with a mix of concealers from the Kryolan Camouflage palette to finish off creating the flawless base. 

The next step was to create the heart-shape eye makeup with coppers and silvers. The illamasqua liquid metal copper shade was used as a base for the eye makeup for Tara to map out the shape and create a layer for the pigment to sit on and be amplified. Copper Pigment by MAC is used to create the final colour on top of the base and I chose this product as it is very opaque, leaves a beautiful sheen and is easy to blend. In the middle section of the eye look, the silver shade from the liquid metals palette is use. Beguile pigment by Illamasqua is placed on top and on the bottom lash line to finish off the eye shadow. A small amount of Skin Base in 001 was applied onto the eyebrows with a mascara wand to subtly colour and shape them and the eyelashes (top and bottom) were coated in this colour. 

A small amount of contour was added from the Illamasqua Sculpting Duo in the hollows of the cheeks to shape my face. Following that, the light pink from the Classic Blush palette
from Kryolan was usedd on the apples of my cheeks to added to the complexion and was placed in that way to reflect back to the trend in the Elizabethans. To complete the look, Tara applied the light pink shade from the Kryolan Lip Rouge palette all over the lips. The shade was not right for my look as it had blue undertones and was almost to 'barbie' like for a bridal look. A nude shade was added on top but we were going to look for a lipstick to use alternatively next practise session. Tara applied the multi gel glitter in a heart shape onto my lips. We both agreed it looked a bit out of place so it was applied all over quite heavily to create an opaque layer of glitter. 

Overall, I was extremely please with the finished look for the first attempt. The eyes are almost perfect. The shape is exactly how I wanted it apart from a little more blending needed and the corners by the end of the brow are too angular - both of these point I passed onto Tara for next time. The base was lovely too, however, I do feel it does need to be a bit more glowy so more products may be needed for highlighting or more dewy primers. Also, after showing Sue the finished look she advised us both that something was needed on the forehead so the blush was blended up onto the temples and jaw line which was more effective in the images. However, I would like to make this change much more obvious in the makeup look to show up more dramatically in the final photos. I would also ask Tara to make my lips more defined next practise session. Finally, we both agreed that the eyelashes will need curling to be more visible. 

A few snapshots of the steps included in the design 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top